This sauce is a super delicious, fast and easy to make. While the veggies are roasting, it’s easy to prepare the pasta and whip up a nice green salad.
2 pounds roma tomatoes, quartered
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 carrot, quartered
4-5 mushrooms, whole
1/4 red onion, peeled and sliced in half
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
10 ounces whole grain spaghetti
1 6oz an tomato paste
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves, or 1 tablespoon dried
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place tomatoes, garlic, carrot, mushrooms and onion on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 20 minutes or until tomatoes are very tender, stirring once half way through cooking time.
- Cook pasta as directed on package while vegetables are roasting. Drain pasta.
- Place all roasted vegetables, any liquid from pan, and tomato paste into blender and blend to your desired consistency.
- Add basil and oregano, blend a few more seconds.
- Serve sauce over pasta – YUM!